Monday, June 16, 2008

Storing books online

I just discovered that Google Docs recently included support for pdf files. I don't know when it happened exactly - I discovered it only an hour ago. I am now uploading some of the books I have in pdf format to it. Unfortunately the maximum file size is only 10 mb. I have books that are larger, and I would like to be able to store them there.
I want to collect a collection of mathematical books and to store them on the net - I tried to do this on my computer, but the collection was lost after the computer failed.
I am also going to use it to store lecture notes and exercises - I can get those in pdf format from the Hebrew University site.

I wanted to do this for a long time, but I failed to find a site with a nice gui and a good set of options. For now Google Docs seem much better than any other service I tried. When I will have enough books in there I will put a link to the collection on this blog (provided I will be able to find enough books with licenses that would allow to publish them in such way).

By the way, this is my 100 post.... And it only took 10 month.

No comments: