Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Politics

The only good thing in politics, in my opinion, is that most of the time it doesn't influence you directly. Unfortunately, this is not the case for me now. The rest of the post is my complains, so feel free not to read it.
First of all, there are elections to the mayor office at Jerusalem at the middle of next month. As of now, I don't even intend to vote because I don't have the time nor the desire to check the information available on the candidates. Also, I will probably be too busy studying anyways. What annoys my most is that for some reason I got a call asking me to help with the election process - to take attendance notes. I have no idea why they called me with this..

Secondly, next week I suppose to start a new semester. However the university already sent letters telling all the students that the semester will not open because the government doesn't give them the money they need. They even included a long list of emails in the letter to where we can send complains. I really doubt that anything will happen to the semester, but who knows...

Thirdly, due to government policies and economical crisis the apartments in Jerusalem are rather expensive now, and my family and I are currently looking for a new apartment. Horrible timing... I certainly hope that we will find something soon.

On a somewhat brighter note, here are link to some political jokes I found:

Two political candidates were having a hot debate. Finally one of
them jumped up and yelled at the other: "What about the powerful
interests that control you?"

The other guy screamed back, "You leave my wife out of this."


Found this one here, follow the link for more.
Also check the Circle vs. Square webcomic, its author did an excellent job making fun of politics without insulting anybody.

No comments: