Sunday, July 6, 2008

A bit of humor

Due to the sudden need to buy a new refrigerator, I don't have as much time as usual to blog. If all goes well I will get the refrigerator tomorrow, and will continue to write about polynomials. But meanwhile - a bit of humor. I found the following picture on the net:

For some reason it reminds me about the fact that a proof of a theorem can be wrong, but if proven it is correct forever... Yes, I think too much about math.

I also found two excellent posts today. One of them is a very detailed answer to questions from "Some myths and analyses on learning and teaching mathematics" by George Brown. The answer was written by Beans at Me Or My Maths. My own experience is not the same as his - so I feel that I would answer differently to some of the questions, but it was an interesting post to read. In this post, he also linked to a collection of 36 methods of proofs. In this list are such excellent proofs as proof by imagination....

No comments: