Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fractals

A few days ago I stumbled on an excellent collection of fractals. According to the site the collection is no longer updated, but nevertheless the images there are among the best fractal images I ever saw. There is also more fractals by the same author available here. I am somewhat worried about the site disappearing so I am going to download all the images on it to my computer and then upload them to a private Picasa album. This way I am not breaching the copyright on the images and if the page indeed closed down, please leave a comment on this post and I will link my Picasa album to this post.

In the case that you want even more fractal images, here is another site with hundreds of excellent fractals - Fractal world gallery.

Also, I noticed that a lot of visitors to my blog are actually after mathematical wallpapers. Form my own attempts to find such wallpapers I know that they are somewhat of a rarity (at least good ones). I currently have 14 math wallpapers in my Picasa albums, but this is obviously too little (and unfortunately not all of them are good enough to put on a screen). Since there seems to be a demand for such wallpapers I am going to try and get more maybe I will even attempt to draw some myself.

No comments: